2013 Maryland Code
§ 20-503 - Contents of policies
(a) Each policy issued by the Fund shall contain the minimum coverages required under Title 19, Subtitle 5 of this article and may contain other provisions determined by the Executive Director and approved by the Board of Trustees and the Commissioner.
(b) At the time a policy of private passenger auto liability insurance is issued to an applicant, the Fund shall include in the policy a written notice to the applicant that contains the following disclosures:
(1) the time and the conditions under which the applicant is eligible to seek insurance from an Association member;
(2) that if the applicant seeks insurance from an Association member, the Association member may not refuse to underwrite the private passenger auto liability insurance risk solely because the applicant or named insured previously obtained insurance from the Fund; and
(3) that if the applicant seeks insurance from an Association member and the Association member refuses to underwrite the applicant solely because the applicant or named insured previously obtained insurance from the Fund, the applicant may file a complaint with the Commissioner against that Association member.
(c) Whenever the Fund issues a policy of commercial auto liability insurance under this subtitle, the Fund:
(1) may provide coverages in addition to and in excess of the minimum coverages required by Title 19, Subtitle 5 of this article and by Title 17 of the Transportation Article; but
(2) is not required to provide coverages in addition to and in excess of the required minimum coverages except to the extent that reinsurance for the additional or excess coverage is available and acceptable to the Fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.