2013 Maryland Code
§ 19-305 - Antiarson application form
(a) (1) The Commissioner shall adopt a two-tier antiarson application form that requires an applicant to complete a second-tier supplementary application if the initial first-tier application elicits certain predesignated answers.
(2) In adopting the antiarson application form, the Commissioner shall consider generally recognized two-tier application forms.
(b) An antiarson application shall include:
(1) the name and address of the applicant, any mortgagee, and any other party with an ownership interest in the property to be insured;
(2) the amount of insurance requested and the method of valuation used to establish that amount;
(3) the dates and selling prices of the property to be insured in all real estate transactions involving the property during the 3-year period immediately preceding the date of the antiarson application;
(4) the applicant’s history of losses during the 5-year period immediately preceding the date of the antiarson application with regard to any property:
(i) in which the applicant held an interest, including a partnership or mortgage interest, that is substantial; and
(ii) that sustained a fire loss exceeding 25% of the insured value;
(5) all taxes that are unpaid or overdue for 1 or more years; and
(6) the present occupancy of the property to be insured.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.