2013 Maryland Code
§ 19-215 - Anti-concurrent causation clause.
(a) Notice required. -- An insurer that issues a policy of homeowner's insurance in the State that contains an anti-concurrent causation (ACC) clause shall provide a policyholder each year with a notice that:
(1) is clear and specific;
(2) describes the ACC clause;
(3) informs the insured to read the policy for complete information on the exclusions; and
(4) states that the insured should communicate with the insurance producer or the insurer for additional information regarding the scope of the exclusions.
(b) Effect of notice. -- The notice under subsection (a) of this section:
(1) is not part of the policy or contract of insurance; and
(2) does not create a private right of action.
(c) Regulations. -- The Commissioner may adopt regulations to implement this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.