2013 Maryland Code
§ 19-112 - Request by bulletin
(a) The Commissioner may request by bulletin from a property and casualty insurer, data that relates to policies written by the insurer.
(b) A request by bulletin under this section shall specify:
(1) the line of insurance for which the data is being requested; and
(2) the period of time for which the data is requested.
(c) Data requested by bulletin under this section shall be filed with the Commissioner in a form required by the Commissioner.
(d) (1) A request by bulletin expires 2 years after the date of the request by the Commissioner.
(2) If the Commissioner needs additional data after the end of that 2-year period, the Commissioner shall issue another bulletin.
(e) At least 15 days prior to granting an application under § 10-614 of the State Government Article to inspect company-specific data that was requested by bulletin under this section, the Commissioner shall notify the insurer that supplied the data:
(1) that the Commissioner has received an application to inspect data filed by the insurer;
(2) which data the Commissioner intends to disclose in granting the application; and
(3) that, within 7 days of receipt of the notice, the insurer has the opportunity to provide any reason why the data is confidential commercial data or is otherwise protected from disclosure under the Public Information Act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.