2013 Maryland Code
§ 18-108 - Summaries of long-term care benefits in life insurance policies
(a) If long-term care benefits are part of a life insurance policy or rider, the carrier shall provide a policy summary at the time of policy delivery.
(b) The policy summary required to be delivered under subsection (a) of this section shall include:
(1) information required to be included in an outline of coverage under § 18-106 of this title;
(2) an explanation of how the long-term care benefits interact with other components of the life insurance policy, including deductions from death benefits;
(3) an illustration of the amount of benefits, length of benefit, and guaranteed lifetime benefits if any, for each covered individual;
(4) any exclusions, reductions, or limitations on benefits of long-term care; and
(5) if applicable to the policy type:
(i) a disclosure of the effects of exercising other rights under the policy;
(ii) a disclosure of guarantees related to long-term care costs of insurance charges; and
(iii) current and projected maximum lifetime benefits.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.