2013 Maryland Code
§ 15-912 - Specific standards for policy provisions
(a) The Commissioner shall adopt reasonable regulations to establish specific standards for policy provisions of Medicare supplement policies and certificates.
(b) (1) The standards adopted by the Commissioner are in addition to and shall be in accordance with applicable laws of the State, including this title and Title 14, Subtitle 1 of this article.
(2) No requirement of this article that relates to minimum required policy benefits, other than the minimum standards contained in this subtitle, shall apply to Medicare supplement policies and certificates.
(c) The standards may cover, but are not limited to:
(1) terms of renewability;
(2) initial and subsequent conditions of eligibility;
(3) nonduplication of coverage;
(4) probationary periods;
(5) benefit limitations, exceptions, and reductions;
(6) elimination periods;
(7) replacement requirements;
(8) recurrent conditions;
(9) definitions of terms; and
(10) any other provisions required under federal Medicare law or CMS regulations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.