2013 Maryland Code
§ 15-903 - Scope of subtitle
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision to the contrary, this subtitle applies to:
(1) Medicare supplement policies and subscriber contracts that are delivered or issued for delivery in the State after July 1, 1992;
(2) certificates that are issued under group Medicare supplement policies or subscriber contracts, which certificates have been delivered or issued for delivery in the State;
(3) individual or group Medicare supplement policies and certificates that are issued by nonprofit health service plans under Title 14, Subtitle 1 of this article;
(4) Medicare supplement policies and certificates that are issued by fraternal benefit societies under Title 8, Subtitle 4 of this article; and
(5) Medicare supplement group or blanket policies and certificates that are issued by insurers subject to Subtitle 3 of this title.
(b) This subtitle does not apply to a policy of:
(1) one or more employers or labor organizations; or
(2) the trustees of a fund established by one or more employers or labor organizations for employees, members, former employees, or former members.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.