2013 Maryland Code
§ 15-12A-02 - General consideration.
(a) In general. -- There is a Small Employer Health Benefit Plan Premium Subsidy Program.
(b) Purposes. -- The purposes of the Program are to:
(1) provide an incentive for small employers to offer and maintain a small employer health benefit plan for their employees;
(2) help low and moderate income employees of small employers afford small employer health benefit plan premiums;
(3) promote access to health care services, particularly preventive health care services that might reduce the need for emergency room care and other acute care services; and
(4) reduce uncompensated care in hospitals and other health care settings.
(c) Administration. -- The Commission, in consultation with the Department, shall administer the Program.
(d) Contents. -- The Program shall consist of subsidies, as provided under § 15-12A-03 of this subtitle, for:
(1) small employers that have not previously offered a small employer health benefit plan to their employees; and
(2) employees of small employers that have not previously offered a small employer health benefit plan to their employees.
(e) Funding. -- Funding for the Program may be provided from:
(1) general funds; or
(2) the Health Care Coverage Fund established under Title 15, Subtitle 7 of the Health - General Article.
(f) Regulations. -- The Commission shall adopt regulations to establish:
(1) the eligibility requirements for small employers under the Program; and
(2) the level of subsidies to be provided under the Program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.