2013 Maryland Code
§ 15-10B-12 - Private review agent -- Penalties
(a) Criminal. --
(1) A person who violates any provision of § 15-10B-11 of this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a penalty not exceeding $ 1,000.
(2) Each day a violation is continued after the first conviction is a separate offense.
(b) Equitable relief; restitution; administrative. -- In addition to the provisions of subsection (a) of this section, if any person violates any provision of § 15-10B-11 of this subtitle, the Commissioner may:
(1) deny, suspend, or revoke the certificate to do business as a private review agent;
(2) issue an order to cease and desist from acting as a private review agent without holding a certificate issued under this subtitle;
(3) require a private review agent to make restitution to a patient who has suffered actual economic damage because of the violation; and
(4) impose an administrative penalty of up to $ 5,000 for each violation of any provision of this subtitle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.