2013 Maryland Code
§ 14-704 - Certification [Subtitle subject to abrogation].
§14-704. IN EFFECT
// EFFECTIVE UNTIL MAY 31, 2013 PER CHAPTERS 626 AND 627 OF 2008 //
(a) The Commissioner shall certify an applicant to operate a public-private health care program if the Commissioner is satisfied that the applicant:
(1) has been organized in good faith for the purpose of establishing and operating a public-private health care program;
(2) is committed to a nonprofit corporate structure; and
(3) has sufficient funds to meet its obligations under the public-private health care program.
(b) A certification expires on the third June 30 following the date on which the certification was last issued unless it is renewed as provided in this section.
(c) Before a certification expires, a certified nonprofit corporation may renew it for an additional 3-year term if the certified nonprofit corporation:
(1) otherwise is entitled to certification; and
(2) files with the Commissioner a renewal application on the form that the Commissioner requires.
(d) An application for renewal of a certification shall be considered made in a timely manner if it is postmarked on or before June 30 of the year of renewal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.