2013 Maryland Code
§ 14-703 - Operation of a public-private health care program [Subtitle subject to abrogation].
§14-703. IN EFFECT
// EFFECTIVE UNTIL MAY 31, 2013 PER CHAPTERS 626 AND 627 OF 2008 //
(a) A person shall be certified by the Commissioner before operating a public-private health care program in the State.
(b) An applicant for certification shall:
(1) be a nonprofit corporation that, in accordance with its charter, is organized for the purpose of establishing and operating a public-private health care program; and
(2) file with the Commissioner:
(i) an application on the form that the Commissioner requires containing the information that the Commissioner considers necessary;
(ii) copies of the following documents, certified by at least two of the executive officers of the applicant:
1. articles of incorporation of the applicant that include the applicant’s corporate mission statement, and all amendments to the articles;
2. bylaws of the applicant, and all amendments to the bylaws;
3. a list of the name, address, and biographical information for each member of the board of directors of the applicant; and
4. a list of the beginning and ending terms of office of each member of the board of directors of the applicant;
(iii) the written agreement with each county in which the applicant proposes to operate a public-private health care program that specifies the obligations of each party to the agreement;
(iv) a description of the public-private health care program the applicant proposes to operate, including:
1. the criteria used to determine who is a qualifying individual;
2. the arrangements for the delivery of health care services;
3. the payment obligations of participants;
4. the internal complaint process available to participants; and
5. the procedures to be used to monitor applications for enrollment to determine whether an individual has voluntarily terminated coverage under a health benefit plan issued under Title 15, Subtitle 12 of this article;
(v) all forms, agreements, advertising, or other documents that will be provided to participants; and
(vi) any other information or documents that the Commissioner considers necessary to ensure compliance with this subtitle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.