2013 Maryland Code
§ 14-701 - Definitions [Subtitle subject to abrogation].
§14-701. IN EFFECT
// EFFECTIVE UNTIL MAY 31, 2013 PER CHAPTERS 626 AND 627 OF 2008 //
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Certified nonprofit corporation” means a nonprofit corporation certified under this subtitle to establish and operate a public-private health care program.
(c) “Health care provider” means any person, including a physician or hospital, who is licensed or otherwise authorized to provide health care services in the State.
(d) “Health care services” has the meaning stated in § 19-701 of the Health - General Article.
(e) “Qualifying individual” means an individual who:
(1) is not eligible for or enrolled in the federal Medicare program, the Maryland Primary Adult Care Program, or the Maryland Children’s Health Program;
(2) is not covered under a health benefit plan issued under Title 15, Subtitle 12 of this article; and
(3) meets any other eligibility requirements established by a public-private health care program.
(f) “Participants” means qualifying individuals enrolled in a public-private health care program.
(g) “Public-private health care program” means a program that:
(1) is established and operated by a nonprofit corporation that:
(i) has been certified by the Commissioner under this subtitle; and
(ii) has entered into a written agreement with each county in which the program proposes to operate; and
(2) for a membership fee, provides or arranges for the provision of health care services for participants.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.