2013 Maryland Code
§ 14-402 - Scope of subtitle
(a) This subtitle does not apply to:
(1) a dentist or professional dental corporation that accepts payment on a fee-for-service basis for providing specific dental services to individual patients for whom the services have been prediagnosed;
(2) an authorized insurer whose activities are authorized and regulated under other provisions of this article;
(3) a nonprofit health service plan that is subject to Subtitle 1 of this title;
(4) a health maintenance organization that is authorized by and subject to Title 19, Subtitle 7 of the Health - General Article; or
(5) a dental plan whose regulation by the State is preempted by federal law.
(b) In addition to the provisions of this subtitle, dental plan organizations are subject to the provisions of Title 2, Subtitle 5 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.