2013 Maryland Code
§ 13-117 - Enforcement of title
(a) After notice and hearing, the Commissioner may adopt regulations to carry out this title.
(b) If the Commissioner finds that an insurer or other person authorized or licensed by the Commissioner has violated this title or a regulation adopted under this title, then after written notice and a hearing, the Commissioner shall:
(1) set forth the details of the findings; and
(2) issue an order for compliance by a specified date.
(c) An order issued under subsection (b) of this section binds the insurer or other person authorized or licensed by the Commissioner on the date specified unless:
(1) the Commissioner withdraws the order before the specified date; or
(2) a court of competent jurisdiction orders a stay of the order of the Commissioner.
(d) (1) A party to a proceeding under this title that is aggrieved by an order of the Commissioner is entitled to judicial review in accordance with § 2-215 of this article.
(2) The filing of an appeal from the withdrawal of approval of a form or rate previously in use operates as a stay, unless the court determines otherwise.
(e) In addition to any other penalty provided by law, on proof satisfactory to the court, the court may impose on an insurer or other person that violates a final order of the Commissioner while the order is in effect a civil penalty not exceeding $250, or if the violation is willful, a civil penalty not exceeding $1,000.
(f) (1) After notice and a hearing, the Commissioner may suspend or revoke the license, certificate of authority, or certificate of qualification of an insurer or other person that violates a final order of the Commissioner.
(2) The order for suspension or revocation is subject to judicial review in accordance with § 2-215 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.