2013 Maryland Code
§ 12-209 - Prohibited provisions in policy or contract
A life insurance or health insurance policy or annuity contract may not be delivered or issued for delivery in the State if the policy or contract:
(1) states that the policy or contract is to be construed according to the laws of another state or country;
(2) states that the rights and obligations of the insured or of a person with a claim under the policy or contract are to be governed by laws other than the laws of this State;
(3) provides a period shorter than 3 years within which an action may be brought on the policy or contract;
(4) deprives the courts of the State of the jurisdiction of any action against the insurer;
(5) provides that the insurance producer who solicits the insurance or annuity is the agent of the insured; or
(6) makes the acts or representations of the insurance producer who solicits the insurance or annuity binding on the insured.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.