2013 Maryland Code
§ 10-606 - Limited lines license to sell rental vehicle insurance -- Suspension, revocation, or other penalties
(a) The Commissioner may suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew a limited lines license to sell insurance in connection with, and incidental to, the rental of a motor vehicle issued under this subtitle after notice and opportunity for a hearing under Title 2, Subtitle 2 of this article if the motor vehicle rental company or an employee of the motor vehicle rental company has:
(1) willfully violated this article or another law of the State that relates to insurance;
(2) operated without a limited lines license to sell insurance in connection with, and incidental to, the rental of a motor vehicle as required under this subtitle;
(3) failed to provide required disclosures;
(4) offered or sold unapproved insurance products;
(5) failed to hold an appointment with the insurer;
(6) failed to train employees selling or soliciting, or negotiating the sale of, insurance products on behalf of the motor vehicle rental company; or
(7) misrepresented pertinent facts or policy provisions that relate to the coverage offered or sold pursuant to this subtitle.
(b) A motor vehicle rental company and its employees may not advertise, represent, or otherwise hold itself out as an authorized insurer, or as an insurance producer, for any kind or subdivision of insurance.
(c) Instead of, or in addition to, suspending or revoking the limited lines license to sell insurance in connection with, and incidental to, the rental of a motor vehicle, the Commissioner may:
(1) impose on the motor vehicle rental company a penalty of not less than $100 but not more than $2,500 for each violation of this subtitle; and
(2) require that restitution be made to any person who has suffered financial injury because of the violation of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.