2013 Maryland Code
§ 10-405 - Applications for initial licenses
(a) An applicant for an initial license shall file with the Commissioner an application on the form that the Commissioner provides.
(b) The application form shall require:
(1) the name and address of the applicant;
(2) whether any other insurance license or certificate has been issued to the applicant;
(3) the business in which the applicant has been engaged for the 5 years immediately preceding the date of application and, if employed by another, the name and address of each employer;
(4) for a business entity applicant:
(i) the name of the individual licensed public adjuster employed by the business entity who is designated to act as the business entity’s principal contact with the Administration; and
(ii) the name and address of each licensed public adjuster employed by the business entity, each individual who has direct control over its fiscal management, each owner, partner, member, or manager of the business entity, and each director of a business entity that is a corporation; and
(5) any other information that the Commissioner requires of applicants to enable the Commissioner to determine the trustworthiness and competence of the applicant to transact business as a public adjuster so as to safeguard the interests of the public.
(c) An application shall be signed under oath:
(1) in the case of an individual applicant, by the applicant; or
(2) in the case of an applicant that is a business entity, by an individual who has direct control over its fiscal management, an owner, partner, member, or manager of the business entity, or a director of a business entity that is a corporation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.