2013 Maryland Code
§ 10-112 - Issuance of license

MD Ins Code § 10-112 (2013) What's This?


(a) (1) The Commissioner shall issue a license in a kind or subdivision of insurance or a combination of kinds or subdivisions of insurance to each applicant who meets the requirements of this subtitle.

(2) An applicant may qualify for a license in one or more of the following kinds of insurance:

(i) life insurance;

(ii) accident and health or sickness insurance;

(iii) property insurance;

(iv) casualty insurance;

(v) variable life and variable annuity products;

(vi) personal lines of property and casualty insurance;

(vii) limited line credit insurance; and

(viii) any other kind or subdivision of insurance permitted under State law or regulations.

(b) A license shall contain:

(1) the licensee’s name, address, and personal identification number;

(2) the date of issuance;

(3) the kind or subdivision of insurance or combination of kinds or subdivisions of insurance for which the licensee is authorized to act as an insurance producer;

(4) the expiration date; and

(5) any other information that the Commissioner considers necessary.

(c) (1) To help the Department of Assessments and Taxation in identifying new businesses in the State, by August 31 of each year the Commissioner shall provide to the Department of Assessments and Taxation a list of insurance producers that were issued licenses during the previous fiscal year.

(2) The list shall include:

(i) the name and mailing address of each person issued a license; and

(ii) the federal tax identification number of each person or, if the person does not have a federal tax identification number, the Social Security number of the person.

(3) The Commissioner shall provide the list free of charge.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.