2013 Maryland Code
§ 10-102 - Scope of subtitle
(a) This subtitle applies to insurance producers, all kinds of insurance and annuities, and all types of insurers, including:
(1) nonprofit health service plans;
(2) dental plan organizations;
(3) health maintenance organizations; and
(4) fraternal benefit societies.
(b) This subtitle does not apply to:
(2) except as provided in §§ 10-116(c) and 10-119 of this subtitle, surplus lines transactions, which are subject to Title 3, Subtitle 3 of this article;
(3) a person while employed by an insured to administer or help to administer the insurance or risk management program of the person’s employer, if the person is not authorized to accept any compensation from an insurance producer or insurer; or
(4) a licensed insurance adviser while employed under contract by an insured and acting for the insured, if the insurance adviser is not authorized to accept any compensation from an insurance producer or insurer.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.