2013 Maryland Code
§ 14-1501 - Definitions
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Consumer” means:
(1) The purchaser, other than for purposes of resale, of a new motor vehicle;
(2) Any person to whom a new motor vehicle is transferred during the duration of the warranty applicable to such motor vehicle; or
(3) Any other person who is entitled to enforce the obligations of the warranty.
(c) “Dealer” has the meaning provided in § 15-101(c) of the Transportation Article.
(d) “Manufacturer, factory branch, or distributor” means a person, partnership, association, corporation, or entity engaged in the business of manufacturing or assembling motor vehicles or of distributing motor vehicles to motor vehicle dealers as defined in § 15-201(b), (c), and (e) of the Transportation Article.
(e) (1) “Manufacturer’s warranty period” means the earlier of:
(i) The period of the motor vehicle’s first 18,000 miles of operation; or
(ii) 24 months following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer.
(2) This subsection does not extend any manufacturer’s express warranty.
(f) (1) “Motor vehicle” means a vehicle that is registered in this State as a:
(i) Class A (passenger) vehicle;
(ii) Class D (motorcycle) vehicle;
(iii) Class E (truck) vehicle with a 3/4 ton or less manufacturer’s rated capacity; or
(iv) Class M (multipurpose) vehicle.
(2) “Motor vehicle” does not include a motor home. For the purpose of administering this subtitle, the Motor Vehicle Administration shall promulgate a regulation defining a motor home.
(g) “Warranty” means warranties as defined in §§ 2-312, 2-313, 2-314, and 2-315 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.