2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 7-206 - Statement of certain actions to be filed with Department
(a) A foreign corporation that is qualified or registered to do business in this State shall file an officially certified statement with the Department within 60 days after the corporation:
(1) Merges into another corporation;
(2) Consolidates with another corporation;
(3) Dissolves; or
(4) Amends or supplements the instrument under which it was organized to change the name of the corporation or terminate its existence.
(b) The officially certified statement shall:
(1) Be executed by the official of that place who has custody of the pertinent record; and
(2) Include the action taken and the date the action was taken.
(c) (1) A representative of the successor corporation shall file with the Department an affidavit indicating whether the corporation, partnership, limited partnership, or limited liability company merging out of existence or consolidating owns an interest in land in Maryland.
(2) The Department may not process a filing under this section until the information required by this subsection and § 3-117 of this article is provided.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.