2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 5-608 - Articles of incorporation
(a) The articles of incorporation of a cooperative shall contain:
(1) The name of the cooperative;
(2) The address of the principal office of the cooperative;
(3) The name and address of the resident agent of the cooperative;
(4) The name and address of each incorporator;
(5) The name and address of each director; and
(6) A statement that the articles are executed in accordance with this subtitle.
(b) The articles of incorporation of a cooperative may contain any provision that:
(1) Is consistent with this subtitle; and
(2) Is considered necessary or advisable for the conduct of the business of the cooperative.
(c) The articles of incorporation need not state the purpose for which the cooperative is organized or any of its corporate powers.
(d) The articles of incorporation shall be signed by each incorporator and acknowledged by at least two of the incorporators, or on their behalf, if they are cooperatives.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.