2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 5-5A-13 - Original directors; election and term of successors
(a) Original directors. -- Until the first annual meeting of members and until successors are elected and qualified, the board of directors shall consist of:
(1) Individuals named as directors in the articles; or
(2) If no directors are named, the incorporators.
(b) Election and term of directors. --
(1) The directors shall be elected by the members or by delegates of the members.
(2) Unless the bylaws provide otherwise, the directors shall be elected at the first annual membership meeting and at each subsequent annual membership meeting, and shall hold office until the next annual membership meeting and until their successors are elected and qualified.
(3) The bylaws may provide for staggered terms of directors and delegates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.