2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 5-514 - Election of directors by districts
(a) Subject to the provisions of this section, the bylaws may provide for:
(1) The division into districts of the territory in which the cooperative has members; and
(2) The election of directors according to these districts by the members residing in them.
(b) If there is a provision for election by districts, the bylaws shall specify:
(1) The number of directors to be elected from each district; and
(2) The manner and method of apportioning or reapportioning the directors and of districting or redistricting the territory.
(c) If there is a provision for election by districts, the bylaws shall require that:
(1) Primary elections be held in each district;
(2) The number of candidates in each district be greater than the number of directors to be elected in the district; and
(3) The result of the primary elections in each district be ratified at the next regular meeting of the cooperative by majority vote of the members voting in person or by mail.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.