2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 4A-209 - Reservation of name; transfer of reserved name
(a) Who may reverse. -- The exclusive right to use a specified name for a domestic or foreign limited liability company may be reserved by:
(1) A person who intends to organize a domestic limited liability company;
(2) A domestic limited liability company that proposes to change its name;
(3) A foreign limited liability company that intends to register to do business in this State; or
(4) A foreign limited liability company registered to do business in this State that proposes to change its name.
(b) Procedure. --
(1) A person may reserve a specified name by filing a signed application with the Department.
(2) If the Department finds that the name is available for use by a limited liability company, the Department shall reserve the name for 30 days for the exclusive use of the applicant.
(c) Transferability. -- The exclusive right to use a reserved name may be transferred to another person by filing with the Department a notice of the transfer which specifies the name and address of the transferee and is signed by the applicant for whom the name was reserved.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.