2013 Maryland Code
§ 3-117 - Consolidations and mergers of foreign corporations

MD Corp & Assn Code § 3-117 (2013) What's This?


(a) In this section, “foreign corporation” means a foreign corporation as defined in § 1-101 of this article.

(b) If a foreign corporation which owns property, rights, privileges, franchises, or other assets located in this State is a party to a consolidation or merger in which another foreign corporation is the successor, the transfer to, vesting in, or devolution on the successor of the property, rights, privileges, franchises, or other assets of the nonsurviving foreign corporation is effective as provided by the laws of the places which govern the consolidation or merger.

(c) The successor shall file with the Department:

(1) A property certificate under § 3-112 of this subtitle; and

(2) A certificate of its president, vice president, secretary, or assistant secretary which specifies:

(i) Each county in this State where a foreign corporation party to the consolidation or merger, except the successor, owned an interest in land;

(ii) The name of each corporation party to the consolidation or merger;

(iii) The place under the laws of which each party was organized; and

(iv) The name of the successor.

(d) If a copy of the document effecting the consolidation or merger has not been filed with the Department as provided in Title 7 of this article, the successor shall file with the Department an officially certified copy of that document.

(e) When the Department receives the articles and any certificate of the successor, it shall prepare and file certificates of consolidation or merger in the manner provided for Maryland corporations. However, the certificate of consolidation or merger need not state the principal office in this State of any corporation which does not have a principal office, and the certificate shall include the other information specified in the certificate filed by the successor.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.