2013 Maryland Code
§ 2-512 - Stockholder's right of inspection

MD Corp & Assn Code § 2-512 (2013) What's This?


(a) Any stockholder, holder of a voting trust certificate in a corporation, or his agent, on written request, may inspect and copy during usual business hours any of the following corporate documents:

(1) Bylaws;

(2) Minutes of the proceedings of the stockholders;

(3) Annual statements of affairs; and

(4) Voting trust agreements deposited with the corporation at the corporation’s principal office in accordance with § 2-510(2) of this subtitle.

(b) Within 7 days after a request for documents made under subsection (a) of this section is presented to an officer or the resident agent of a corporation, the corporation shall have the requested documents available on file at its principal office.

(c) (1) Any stockholder or holder of a voting trust certificate in a corporation other than an open-ended investment company may present to any officer or resident agent of the corporation a written request for a statement showing all stock and securities issued by the corporation during a specified period of not more than 12 months before the date of the request.

(2) Within 20 days after a request is made under this subsection, the corporation shall prepare and have available on file at its principal office a sworn statement of its president or treasurer or one of its vice-presidents or assistant treasurers which states:

(i) The number of shares or amounts of each class of stock or other securities issued during the specified period;

(ii) The consideration received per share or unit, which may be aggregated as to all issuances for the same consideration per share or unit; and

(iii) The value of any consideration other than money as set in a resolution of the board of directors.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.