2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 10-1104 - Effective date, extended effective date, and repeal
Except as provided below, the effective date of this Act is July 1, 1982, and former Title 10 of the Corporations and Associations Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland (the “Maryland Uniform Limited Partnership Act”) is repealed:
(1) All limited partnerships formed on or after the effective date shall be governed by the provisions of the Maryland Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act;
(2) All existing limited partnerships which have been formed under the provisions of the Maryland Uniform Limited Partnership Act shall continue to be governed by the provisions of that Act until the extended effective date of July 1, 1985, at which time those limited partnerships shall be governed by the provisions of the Maryland Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act;
(3) Subtitle 9, dealing with registration of foreign limited partnerships, is not effective until the extended effective date; and
(4) Any limited partnership formed under the Maryland Uniform Limited Partnership Act and any foreign limited partnerships may elect to be governed by the provisions of the Maryland Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act before the extended effective date by filing with the Department one of the following documents which specifically states that the limited partnership is electing to be bound by the Maryland Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act before July 1, 1985:
(i) For a Maryland limited partnership:
1. An initial certificate; or
2. A certificate of amendment; or
(ii) For a foreign limited partnership, an application for registration.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.