2013 Maryland Code
CORPORATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
§ 1-209 - Filing charter amendment on cessation of family farm.
(a) In this section, “family farm” means an entity that:
(1) Is a domestic entity;
(2) (i) 1. Owns, or within 1 year after filing articles of incorporation, articles of organization, or a certificate of partnership, will own or take control of property that qualifies for agricultural use assessment under § 8-209 of the Tax - Property Article; and
2. Owns only agriculturally or residentially assessed real property and personal property that is used for agricultural purposes; or
(ii) Owns only personal property that is used for agricultural or agricultural marketing purposes;
(3) Is controlled, managed, and operated by:
(i) One individual who has an equity interest in the entity; or
(ii) Two or more individuals who have an equity interest in the entity and who share its assets and earnings;
(4) Is declared in a charter provision to be a family farm; and
(5) Has no assets other than those described in item (2) of this subsection.
(b) Within 1 year after selling all of the property described in subsection (a)(2) of this section, an individual shall file a charter amendment stating that the entity is no longer a family farm.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.