2013 Maryland Code
BUSINESS OCCUPATIONS AND PROFESSIONS
§ 20-314 - Denial, suspension, or revocation of license; reprimand
(a) Subject to the hearing provisions of § 20-316 of this subtitle, the Secretary may deny a license to any applicant, reprimand any licensee, or suspend or revoke a license if the applicant or licensee:
(1) fraudulently or deceptively obtains or attempts to obtain a license for the applicant or licensee or for another;
(2) fraudulently or deceptively uses a license;
(3) while not licensed, willfully engages in a business providing private home detention monitoring services in the State;
(4) while not licensed, willfully advertises as a private home detention monitoring agency;
(5) willfully makes a false statement or misrepresentation that an individual is or was in the employ of the applicant or licensee;
(6) has a felony conviction;
(7) knowingly employs or knowingly continues to employ a private home detention monitor after being notified by the Secretary that the individual has a felony conviction;
(8) willfully makes a false statement or misrepresentation in any renewal application, in any annual statement, or in any other report or document that the Secretary requires to be submitted;
(9) fails to notify the Secretary about any change in the address of the private home detention monitoring agency or any branch office of a licensee;
(10) fails to maintain a bond as required by § 20-601 of this title;
(11) fails to maintain the liability insurance required under § 20-602 of this title;
(12) violates any other provision of this title; or
(13) violates a regulation adopted under this title.
(b) For purposes of this section, an act or omission of any principal, agent, or employee of an applicant or licensee may be construed to be the act or omission of the applicant or licensee, as well as of the principal, agent, or employee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.