2013 Maryland Code
BUSINESS OCCUPATIONS AND PROFESSIONS
§ 17-3A-10 - Rights and responsibilities of holder of license.
(a) In general. -- Subject to subsection (c) of this section, the holder of a reciprocal license has the same rights and responsibilities as a person who holds a comparable standard license issued under this title.
(b) Renewal. --
(1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person that holds a reciprocal license issued by the Commission may renew the reciprocal license in accordance with the renewal procedures for the comparable or equivalent standard license under § 17-314 of this title.
(2) At the time of application for the renewal of a reciprocal license, the applicant shall provide proof that the applicant:
(i) continues to hold a current license in the state in which the applicant's principal place of business is located; and
(ii) is not the subject of a disciplinary action or a current investigation or proceeding alleging misconduct under a real estate licensing law of the state in which the applicant's principal place of business is located.
(c) Limitations and exemptions. -- The holder of a reciprocal license is:
(1) not eligible to be a member of the Commission;
(2) exempt from the requirements of §§ 17-303, 17-304, 17-305, 17-315, 17-503, and 17-517 of this title; and
(3) exempt from having to pass an examination required for a comparable standard license.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.