2010 Maryland Code
Subtitle 3 - Motor Fuel Tax
Section 9-336 - Coordination with Motor Vehicle Administration.

§ 9-336. Coordination with Motor Vehicle Administration.

(a)  Notice of registration of special fuel vehicles.- The Motor Vehicle Administration shall send promptly to the Comptroller the name and address of a person who registers a motor vehicle propelled by special fuel for operation on public highways. 

(b)  Notice to Motor Vehicle Administration.- The Comptroller shall notify immediately the Motor Vehicle Administration if: 

(1) the Comptroller cancels a license or exemption certificate issued under this subtitle or suspends or revokes an identification marker, a permit, or temporary authority issued to a motor carrier under Subtitle 2 of this title for failure to comply with the provisions of this subtitle or Subtitle 2 of this title; or 

(2) the Comptroller knows that a licensee, exemption certificate holder, or motor carrier has violated the provisions of this subtitle or Subtitle 2 of this title. 

(c)  Action by Motor Vehicle Administration.- On receipt of a notice under subsection (b) of this section, the Motor Vehicle Administration shall suspend or revoke the appropriate registration. 

(d)  Reinstatement.- If the Comptroller is satisfied with the corrective action taken by the licensee or certificate holder, the Comptroller may reinstate the license or exemption certificate. If the license or exemption certificate is reinstated, the Comptroller shall give the Motor Vehicle Administration notice of the reinstatement and the Motor Vehicle Administration shall reinstate the registration of the licensee or exemption certificate holder. 

[An. Code 1957, art. 56, §§ 146, 147; 1988, ch. 2, § 1; 1992, 1st Sp. Sess., ch. 3, § 1.] 

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.