2010 Maryland Code
TAX - GENERAL
TITLE 9 - FUEL TAXES
Subtitle 3 - Motor Fuel Tax
Section 9-303 - Exemptions.
§ 9-303. Exemptions.
(a) Exported motor fuel.- The motor fuel tax does not apply to motor fuel that is exported or sold for exportation from this State.
(b) Special fuel.- The motor fuel tax does not apply to special fuel:
(1) containing dye and sold for uses other than in a licensed motor vehicle;
(2) delivered into a tank used only for heating; or
(3) used for any purpose other than propelling a motor vehicle or turbine-powered aircraft.
(c) Aviation fuel.- The motor fuel tax does not apply to aviation fuel that is bought for use by:
(1) a carrier engaged in the common carriage of individuals or property under Parts 121, 127, and 129 of the Federal Aviation Regulations;
(2) an operator under Part 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations if at least 70% of the aviation fuel is used in the common carriage of individuals or property;
(3) the State;
(4) a political subdivision of the State;
(5) a unit or instrumentality of the United States government; or
(6) a foreign government.
(d) Certain fuel purchased by Department of General Services.- The motor fuel tax does not apply to motor fuel that is bought by the Department of General Services for use by State agencies.
[An. Code 1957, art. 56, §§ 135, 136, 136A, 150; 1988, ch. 2, § 1; ch. 564, § 2; 2003, ch. 61; 2005, ch. 444, § 3.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.