2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 20 - HUMAN RELATIONS
Subtitle 2 - Commission on Human Relations
Section 20-206 - General counsel; outside counsel.
§ 20-206. General counsel; outside counsel.
(a) Appointment of general counsel.-
(1) The Commission may employ its own attorney.
(2) The Executive Director shall appoint and remove the attorney with the approval of the Commission.
(b) Duties of general counsel.- The attorney shall:
(1) act as general counsel and legal adviser to the Commission; and
(2) represent the Commission at all hearings and judicial proceedings in which the Commission is a party.
(c) Compensation.- The general counsel is entitled to the compensation provided in the State budget.
(d) Additional personnel.- The office of the general counsel shall include additional personnel as provided in the State budget.
(e) Employment category.- The general counsel and any assistant general counsel are special appointments in the State Personnel Management System.
(f) Outside counsel.-
(1) The Commission may retain legal assistance to advise the commissioners in legal matters.
(2) Legal advisers retained under this subsection shall be compensated as provided in the State budget.
[An. Code 1957, art. 49B, § 2(c), (d); 2009, ch. 120, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.