2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 20 - HUMAN RELATIONS
Subtitle 2 - Commission on Human Relations
Section 20-205 - Executive Director and deputy director.
§ 20-205. Executive Director and deputy director.
(a) Appointment and removal of Executive Director.- The Governor shall:
(1) appoint an Executive Director of the Commission from a list of five names submitted by the Commission; and
(2) remove the Executive Director on the recommendation of two-thirds of the members of the Commission.
(b) Appointment and removal of deputy director.- The Executive Director:
(1) shall appoint a deputy director with the approval of a majority of the members of the Commission; and
(2) may remove the deputy director with the approval of a majority of the members of the Commission.
(1) The Executive Director and deputy director shall perform the duties prescribed by the Commission.
(2) In the absence of the Executive Director, the deputy director shall perform the functions and exercise the authority of the Executive Director.
(d) Compensation.- The Executive Director and deputy director are entitled to the compensation provided in the State budget.
[An. Code 1957, art. 49B, § 2(a); 2009, ch. 120, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.