2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 20 - HUMAN RELATIONS
Subtitle 2 - Commission on Human Relations
Section 20-202 - Membership.
§ 20-202. Membership.
(a) Composition; appointment of members.-
(1) The Commission consists of nine members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(2) In appointing Commission members, the Governor shall consider representation from all areas of the State.
(b) Tenure; vacancies.-
(1) The term of a member is 6 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Commission on October 1, 2009.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
[An. Code 1957, art. 49B, § 1(a) first, second, fourth, fifth sentences; 2009, ch. 120, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.