2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 5 - Cease Fire Council
Section 5-504 - Cease Fire Council Grant Program.
§ 5-504. Cease Fire Council Grant Program.
(a) Established.- There is a Cease Fire Council Grant Program.
(b) Funding.- The Cease Fire Council Grant Program shall be funded as provided in the State budget.
(c) Grants.- Grants made by the Council shall be used to carry out the purposes of this subtitle.
(d) Considerations in making grants.- When making grants, the Council shall consider and give priority to:
(1) comprehensive and coordinated law enforcement and prosecution programs that target criminals and juveniles who use or illegally possess firearms;
(2) law enforcement and prosecution salaries and overtime in support of firearm violence reduction programs;
(3) covert firearms-related investigations and debriefing of criminal and juvenile arrestees and offenders for information related to illegal firearms trafficking;
(4) initiatives that support the tracing of firearms used to commit crimes or delinquent acts and the identification of illegal firearms traffickers;
(5) purchases of technology and information systems to support firearm violence reduction initiatives; and
(6) other efforts that aid in apprehending and prosecuting criminals or apprehending and filing a complaint against juveniles who use or illegally possess firearms.
(e) Expenditures from Program.- Expenditures from the Cease Fire Council Grant Program may be made only in accordance with the State budget or by budget amendment.
(f) Regulations.- The Council shall adopt regulations for the grant process and the oversight of grants made by the Council.
[An. Code 1957, art. 88B, § 81(b); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.