2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 5 - Cease Fire Council
Section 5-503 - Purpose and duties.
§ 5-503. Purpose and duties.
(a) Purpose.- The purpose of the Council is to administer the Cease Fire Council Grant Program to support innovative and collaborative firearms violence reduction initiatives.
(b) Duties.- The Council shall:
(1) make grants in accordance with § 5-504 of this subtitle;
(2) establish or assist in the establishment of programs designed to reduce the incidence of firearms violence related crime and encourage participation in existing programs with these objectives;
(3) identify specific goals, objectives, and methodologies to be used in support of programs eligible for funding under this subtitle;
(4) identify priorities for firearms violence related crime prevention strategies in the State; and
(5) develop criteria to evaluate the outcomes of programs that receive money under this subtitle.
[An. Code 1957, art. 88B, § 81(a)(3), (4); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.