2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-124 - Secondary transactions.
§ 5-124. Secondary transactions.
(a) Seven-day waiting period.-
(1) A person who is not a licensee may not sell, rent, transfer, or purchase a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by a licensee to the Secretary.
(2) As an alternative to completing a secondary sale of a regulated firearm through a licensee, a prospective seller, lessor, or transferor and a prospective purchaser, lessee, or transferee may complete the transaction through a designated law enforcement agency.
(b) Processing fee.- A firearm applicant for a secondary sale of a regulated firearm through a licensee shall pay to the licensee a processing fee not exceeding $20.
(c) Completion required in 90 days.- A person shall complete the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved.
(d) Incomplete transactions.-
(1) If the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm is not completed within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved, a person shall return the firearm application to the Secretary within 7 days.
(2) The Secretary shall void a firearm application returned under paragraph (1) of this subsection as an incomplete sale, rental, or transfer.
(e) Notification of completed transaction.-
(1) (i) A person who sells, rents, or transfers a regulated firearm in compliance with this subtitle shall forward a copy of the written notification of the completed transaction to the Secretary within 7 days after delivery of the regulated firearm.
(ii) The notification shall contain an identifying description of the regulated firearm, including its caliber, make, model, any manufacturer's serial number, and any other special or peculiar characteristic or marking by which the regulated firearm may be identified.
(2) The Secretary shall maintain a permanent record of all notifications received of completed sales, rentals, and transfers of regulated firearms in the State.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 442(d), (l), (m); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.