2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-120 - Copies of firearm application; fees.
§ 5-120. Copies of firearm application; fees.
(a) Copy to Secretary.-
(1) On receipt of a firearm application, a licensee or designated law enforcement agency shall promptly forward one copy of it to the Secretary by:
(i) certified mail;
(ii) facsimile machine; or
(iii) electronic means approved by the Secretary.
(2) The copy of the firearm application forwarded to the Secretary shall contain the name, address, and signature of the prospective seller, lessor, or transferor.
(b) Other copies.-
(1) The prospective seller, lessor, or transferor shall keep one copy of the firearm application for not less than 3 years.
(2) The firearm applicant is entitled to the remaining copy of the firearm application.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the licensee or designated law enforcement agency shall forward the $10 application fee with the firearm application to the Secretary.
(2) A licensee or designated law enforcement agency that uses a facsimile machine to forward the firearm application to the Secretary shall:
(i) be billed $10 for each firearm application forwarded to the Secretary during the month; and
(ii) pay the total application fee by the fifteenth day of the following month.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 442(e), (f)(2), (3); 2003, ch. 5, § 2; 2010, ch. 130.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.