2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-108 - Criminal history records check.
§ 5-108. Criminal history records check.
(a) "Central Repository" defined.- In this section, "Central Repository" means the Criminal Justice Information System Central Repository of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
(b) Application required.- The Secretary shall apply to the Central Repository for a State and national criminal history records check for each applicant for a dealer's license.
(c) Contents of application.- As part of the application for a criminal history records check, the Secretary shall submit to the Central Repository:
(1) two complete sets of the applicant's legible fingerprints taken on forms approved by the Director of the Central Repository and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
(2) the fee authorized under § 10-221(b) (7) of the Criminal Procedure Article for access to Maryland criminal history records; and
(3) the mandatory processing fee required by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history records check.
(d) Information forwarded to applicant and State Police.- In accordance with §§ 10-201 through 10-234 of the Criminal Procedure Article, the Central Repository shall forward to the applicant and the Secretary a printed statement of the applicant's criminal history record information.
(e) Restrictions on information.- Information obtained from the Central Repository under this section:
(1) is confidential and may not be disseminated; and
(2) shall be used only for the licensing purpose authorized by this section.
(f) Subject may contest contents.- The subject of a criminal history records check under this section may contest the contents of the printed statement issued by the Central Repository as provided in § 10-223 of the Criminal Procedure Article.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 443(c); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.