2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-107 - Application for dealer's license.
§ 5-107. Application for dealer's license.
(a) In general.-
(1) An applicant for a dealer's license shall:
(i) submit to the Secretary an application on the form that the Secretary provides; and
(ii) pay to the Secretary an application fee of $50, payable to the Comptroller.
(2) A refund or proration of the application fee is prohibited.
(b) Required information.- An application for a dealer's license shall contain:
(1) the applicant's name, address, Social Security number, place and date of birth, height, weight, race, eye and hair color, and signature;
(2) a clear and recognizable photograph of the applicant, unless the photograph has been submitted with a prior year's application;
(3) a set of the applicant's fingerprints, unless the fingerprints have been submitted with a prior year's application; and
(4) a statement by the applicant that the applicant:
(i) is a citizen of the United States;
(ii) is at least 21 years old;
(iii) has never been convicted of a disqualifying crime;
(iv) has never been convicted of a violation classified as a common law crime and received a term of imprisonment of more than 2 years;
(v) is not a fugitive from justice;
(vi) is not a habitual drunkard;
(vii) is not addicted to a controlled dangerous substance or is not a habitual user; and
(viii) has never spent more than 30 consecutive days in a medical institution for treatment of a mental disorder, unless a physician's certificate issued within 30 days before the date of application is attached to the application, certifying that the applicant is capable of possessing a regulated firearm without undue danger to the applicant or to another.
(c) Required warning.- Each application for a dealer's license shall contain the following statement: "Any false information supplied or statement made in this application is a crime which may be punished by imprisonment for a period of not more than 3 years, or a fine of not more than $5,000 or both.".
(d) Application of corporation.- If an applicant is a corporation, a corporate officer who is a resident of the State shall complete and execute the application.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 443(b)(2), (3), (d), (e); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.