2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 14 - EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Subtitle 1 - Maryland Emergency Management Agency Act
Section 14-105 - Emergency Management Advisory Council.
§ 14-105. Emergency Management Advisory Council.
(a) Established.- There is an Emergency Management Advisory Council.
(b) Membership.- The Council consists of the members that the Governor designates, including:
(1) fair and reasonable representation for local government;
(2) representation for organizations that represent volunteer firefighters and rescue squads; and
(3) representation from manufacturing, utilities, and communications industries.
(c) Compensation and reimbursement for expenses.- A member of the Council:
(1) may not receive compensation for service on the Council; but
(2) is entitled to reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.
(d) Duties.- The Council shall advise the Governor on all matters that relate to emergency management.
(e) Annual reports.- On or before December 31, 2005, and on or before December 1 of each year thereafter, the Council shall submit a report to the Governor and, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, to the General Assembly concerning its activities and recommendations.
[An. Code 1957, art. 16A, § 5; 2003, ch. 5, § 2; 2005, ch. 181.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.