2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 3 - KINDS OF INSURERS
Subtitle 3 - Surplus Lines Insurance
Section 3-302 - Scope of subtitle.
§ 3-302. Scope of subtitle.
(a) In general.- This subtitle does not apply to:
(1) life insurance;
(2) health insurance;
(5) wet marine and transportation insurance, except as provided in subsection (b) of this section;
(6) insurance on a subject that is located, resident, or to be performed wholly outside the State;
(7) insurance on vehicles or aircraft owned and principally garaged outside the State;
(8) insurance on property or operation of railroads engaged in interstate commerce;
(i) on aircraft owned or operated by aircraft manufacturers or operated in scheduled interstate flight;
(ii) on cargo of the aircraft described in subitem (i) of this item; or
(iii) against liability arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of the aircraft described in subitem (i) of this item, other than workers' compensation or employer's liability; or
(10) medical stop-loss insurance, as defined in § 15-129 of this article.
(b) Wet marine and transportation insurance.- This subtitle applies to wet marine and transportation insurance on:
(1) a pleasure craft under 60 feet in length that is owned and used for pleasure and not for business, hire, or other commercial use;
(2) fishing vessels under 50 gross tons that are not part of a fleet of 3 or more vessels; and
(3) charter or head boats under 50 gross tons that are not part of a fleet of 3 or more vessels.
[An. Code 1957, art. 48A, § 199; 1995, ch. 36; 1998, ch. 751; 2008, ch. 264.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.