2010 Maryland Code
HEALTH - GENERAL
TITLE 5 - DEATH
Subtitle 6 - Health Care Decisions Act
PART I. Advance Directives.
- Section 5-601 - Definitions.
- Section 5-601.1 - Electronic signatures.
- Section 5-602 - Procedure for making advance directive; notice to physician - Living wills.
- Section 5-602.1 - Advance directive for mental health services.
- Section 5-603 - Suggested forms - Living wills.
- Section 5-604 - Revocation of an advance directive.
- Section 5-604.1 - Anatomical gifts in advance directives.
- Section 5-605 - Surrogate decision making.
- Section 5-606 - Certifications by physicians.
- Section 5-607 - Treatment without consent.
- Section 5-608 - Authorization to follow emergency medical services "do not resuscitate order" in the outpatient setting.
- Section 5-608.1 - "Instructions on Current Life-Sustaining Treatment Options" form.
- Section 5-609 - Immunity from liability; burden of proof; presumption.
- Section 5-610 - Willful destruction, concealment, damage, etc., of declaration or revocation; penalties.
- Section 5-611 - Medically ineffective treatment not required; mercy killing or euthanasia prohibited; construction of subtitle.
- Section 5-612 - Petition by health care provider; court action.
- Section 5-613 - Transfer of patient by health care provider who refuses to comply with advance directive or treatment decision.
- Section 5-614 - Effect of declaration; suicide; insurance; declarations executed prior to effective date.
- Section 5-615 - Provision of information.
- Section 5-616 - Preservation of existing right; advance directives executed before effective date.
- Section 5-617 - Reciprocity.
- Section 5-618 - Short title.
PART II. Advance Directive Registry.
- Section 5-619 - Definitions.
- Section 5-620 - Registry established.
- Section 5-621 - Regulations.
- Section 5-622 - Administration in general.
- Section 5-623 - Registration; notification of amendment or revocation; validity regardless of submission to directory.
- Section 5-624 - Database.
- Section 5-625 - Requirements of advance directive.
- Section 5-626 - Liability of health care providers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.