2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 10 - SUPPORT IN GENERAL
Subtitle 3 - Maryland Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
PART I. General Provisions.
- Section 10-301 - Definitions.
- Section 10-302 - Tribunals of this State.
- Section 10-303 - Remedies cumulative.
PART II. Jurisdiction.
- Section 10-304 - Bases for jurisdiction over nonresident.
- Section 10-305 - Continuing jurisdiction.
- Section 10-306 - Initiating and responding tribunal of this State.
- Section 10-307 - Simultaneous proceedings in another state.
- Section 10-308 - Continuing exclusive jurisdiction.
- Section 10-309 - Enforcement and modification of support order by tribunal having continuing jurisdiction.
- Section 10-310 - Recognition of child support orders.
- Section 10-311 - Multiple child support orders for two or more obligees.
- Section 10-312 - Credit for payments.
- Section 10-312.1 - Procedure when exercising jurisdiction over nonresident.
- Section 10-312.2 - Spousal support order.
- Section 10-305 - Procedure when exercising jurisdiction over nonresident.
PART III. Civil Provisions of General Application.
- Section 10-313 - Proceedings under this subtitle.
- Section 10-314 - Action by minor parent.
- Section 10-315 - Application of law of this State.
- Section 10-316 - Duties of initiating tribunal.
- Section 10-317 - Duties and powers of responding tribunal.
- Section 10-318 - Inappropriate tribunal.
- Section 10-319 - Duties of support enforcement agency.
- Section 10-320 - Duty of Attorney General.
- Section 10-321 - Private counsel.
- Section 10-322 - Duties of Child Support Enforcement Administration.
- Section 10-323 - Pleadings and accompanying documents.
- Section 10-324 - Nondisclosure of information in exceptional circumstances.
- Section 10-325 - Cost and fees.
- Section 10-326 - Limited immunity of plaintiff.
- Section 10-327 - Nonparentage as defense.
- Section 10-328 - Special rules of evidence and procedure.
- Section 10-329 - Communications between tribunals.
- Section 10-330 - Assistance with discovery.
- Section 10-331 - Receipt and disbursement of payments.
PART IV. Establishment of Support Order.
PART V. Enforcement of Order of Another State Without Registration.
- Section 10-333 - Recognition of income withholding order of another state.
- Section 10-334 - Employer's compliance with income withholding order of another state.
- Section 10-335 - Compliance with multiple income withholding orders.
- Section 10-336 - Immunity from civil liability.
- Section 10-337 - Penalties for noncompliance.
- Section 10-338 - Contest by obligor.
- Section 10-339 - Administrative enforcement of orders.
PART VI. Registration, Enforcement, and Modification of Support Order.
- Section 10-340 - Registration of order for enforcement.
- Section 10-341 - Procedure to register order for enforcement.
- Section 10-342 - Effect of registration for enforcement.
- Section 10-343 - Choice of law.
- Section 10-344 - Notice of registration of order.
- Section 10-345 - Procedure to contest validity or enforcement of registered order.
- Section 10-346 - Contest of registration or enforcement.
- Section 10-347 - Confirmed order.
- Section 10-348 - Procedure to register child support order of another state for modification.
- Section 10-349 - Effect of registration for modification.
- Section 10-350 - Modification of child support order of another state.
- Section 10-351 - Recognition of order modified in another state.
- Section 10-352 - Jurisdiction to modify child support order of another state when individual parties reside in this State.
- Section 10-353 - Notice to issuing tribunal of modification.
- Section 10-353.1 - Jurisdiction to modify foreign support order.
PART VII. Determination of Parentage.
PART VIII. Interstate Rendition.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.