There is a newer version of the Maryland Code
2010 Maryland Code
ESTATES AND TRUSTS
TITLE 3 - INTESTATE SUCCESSION AND STATUTORY SHARES
Subtitle 1 - Intestate Succession
- Section 3-101 - Order of distribution of net intestate estate.
- Section 3-102 - Share of surviving spouse.
- Section 3-103 - Division among surviving issue.
- Section 3-104 - Distribution when there is no surviving issue.
- Section 3-105 - Escheat.
- Section 3-106 - Advancement.
- Section 3-107 - After-born child.
- Section 3-108 - Inheritance from illegitimate person.
- Section 3-109 - Person related to decedent through two lines.
- Section 3-110 - Certain heirs not surviving decedent for 30 days.
- Section 3-111 - Prohibition of distribution upon commitment of certain crimes or acts.
- Section 3-112 - Abandonment or failure to support minor child.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.