2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 8 - RADIATION
Subtitle 3 - Regulation of Radiation Sources
Section 8-305 - Radon testing.
§ 8-305. Radon testing.
(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) "Listed facility" means a radon testing facility that is listed in the report of the latest round of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's National Radon Measurement Proficiency Program.
(3) (i) "Radon testing device" means a device that:
1. Collects radon or radon progeny; and
2. Requires analysis by an independent measuring facility or radon tester.
(ii) "Radon testing device" does not include a self-analyzing device that collects radon or radon progeny.
(b) Requirements of persons engaged in business of testing.- A person who engages in the business of testing for the presence of indoor radon shall:
(1) After completion of round 6 of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's National Radon Measurement Proficiency Program, have all tests analyzed by a listed facility;
(2) Indicate the name of the facility conducting the analysis on the radon testing device; and
(3) Disclose in writing to the ultimate consumer the results of the radon test and the name and address of the facility that analyzed the test.
(c) Responsibilities of Department.- The Department:
(1) May adopt regulations to require radon testing facilities to send test results to the Department; and
(2) May not disclose, in response to a request from the public for the name of a radon testing facility, the name of a radon tester that is not a listed facility.
[1988, ch. 783; 1989, ch. 529; 1990, ch. 5.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.