2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 6 - TOXIC, CARCINOGENIC, AND FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES
Subtitle 8 - Reduction of Lead Risk in Housing
PART I. Definitions; General Provisions.
- Section 6-801 - Definitions.
- Section 6-802 - Purpose.
- Section 6-803 - Applicability of subtitle.
- Section 6-804 - Exemptions from Part IV.
- Section 6-805 - , 6-806. [Reserved].
PART II. Lead Poisoning Prevention Commission.
- Section 6-807 - Lead Poisoning Prevention Commission.
- Section 6-808 - Meetings.
- Section 6-809 - Window replacement program.
- Section 6-810 - Study and collection of information; subcommittees; review; testing standards and regulations.
PART III. Registration of Affected Property.
- Section 6-811 - Registration.
- Section 6-812 - Renewals; acquisitions.
- Section 6-813 - Failure to register or renew; falsification of filings.
- Section 6-814 - [Reserved].
PART IV. Risk Reduction Standard for Affected Property.
- Section 6-815 - Satisfaction of risk reduction standards; enforcement officer.
- Section 6-816 - Optional lead-contaminated dust testing.
- Section 6-817 - Compliance requirements; loss of liability protection; cost of temporary relocation.
- Section 6-818 - Inspectors' accreditation and independence; certified reports.
- Section 6-819 - Modified risk reduction standard.
- Section 6-820 - Notice of tenant's rights.
- Section 6-821 - Repairs; removal from risks; refusal of tenant; accredited supervision.
- Section 6-822 - Effect of subtitle on State and local laws or housing codes; abatement orders.
- Section 6-823 - Lead poisoning information packet.
- Section 6-824 - Disclosure to prospective purchasers; transfers.
- Section 6-825 - Compliance plan for occupied affected property.
PART V. Qualified Offer.
- Section 6-826 - Definitions.
- Section 6-827 - Applicability.
- Section 6-828 - Failure to give notice to owner in compliance.
- Section 6-829 - Availability of blood tests.
- Section 6-830 - Presumption of prior lead ingestion.
- Section 6-831 - Authorized offerors; qualified offers.
- Section 6-832 - Notice of qualified offer.
- Section 6-833 - Qualified offers where parent or legal guardian is unavailable.
- Section 6-834 - Acceptance or rejection of qualified offer.
- Section 6-835 - Release of liability on acceptance.
- Section 6-836 - Protection from liability; regulatory compliance.
- Section 6-836.1 - Protection from liability; regulatory compliance - Discovery and evidentiary hearing.
- Section 6-837 - Offers of compromise.
- Section 6-838 - Noncompliance presumes negligence.
- Section 6-839 - Expenses and costs included in qualified offer; certification of compliance; regulations.
- Section 6-840 - Aggregate maximum amounts payable; payment; payments not income or asset.
- Section 6-841 - Payments under qualified offer for temporary relocation; reoccupation of affected property.
- Section 6-842 - Failure to comply or falsification of compliance with qualified offer; statute of limitations.
PART VI. Lead Poisoning Prevention Fund.
- Section 6-843 - Collection and payment of annual fee; exemptions.
- Section 6-844 - Lead Poisoning Prevention Fund.
- Section 6-845 - Data base and information collection of affected property; data availability.
PART VII. Miscellaneous.
- Section 6-846 - Notification of high blood lead to person at risk, parent and owner.
- Section 6-847 - Disclosure of blood lead test results.
- Section 6-848 - Community outreach programs; local assistance.
- Section 6-848.1 - Paint retailers to display information on lead paint reduction.
- Section 6-848.2 - Reports of noncompliance.
PART VIII. Enforcement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.