2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 4 - WEAPON CRIMES
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
Section 4-102 - Deadly weapons on school property.
§ 4-102. Deadly weapons on school property.
(a) Exceptions.- This section does not apply to:
(1) a law enforcement officer in the regular course of the officer's duty;
(2) a person hired by a county board of education specifically for the purpose of guarding public school property;
(3) a person engaged in organized shooting activity for educational purposes; or
(4) a person who, with a written invitation from the school principal, displays or engages in a historical demonstration using a weapon or a replica of a weapon for educational purposes.
(b) Prohibited.- A person may not carry or possess a firearm, knife, or deadly weapon of any kind on public school property.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.
(2) A person who is convicted of carrying or possessing a handgun in violation of this section shall be sentenced under Subtitle 2 of this title.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 36A; 2002, ch. 26, § 2; ch. 213, § 6.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.